share your moon story
We invite your submissions to Moon Stories—an online gallery which will be presented as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations of the Canberra region’s role in the first moon landing.
NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31 December 2019
Members of the public, particularly those with a current or past connection to the ACT/Canberra region, are invited to submit their creative responses to the first moon landing anniversary via this website.
Stories may recount where you were and what you were doing during the first moon landing, reflect on broader themes, or do both.
- Moon Stories can be text and/or image-based stories in the form of recollections, poetry, photographs, still images of creative artworks (drawings, paintings, sculpture, mixed media, etc.), as well as images of objects such as old photos or memorabilia.
- You may use your real name or a pseudonym.
- All stories must have a short title.
- Written stories can be a maximum of 300 words.
- Image stories can include up to 3 images (maximum size 2MB each in JPEG, PNG or PDF format). Captions are optional.
- You may provide an artist statement or description (maximum 50 words) to go with your written piece and/or images.
- Selected Moon Stories will be included in an online gallery on this website which will start to go live during the 2019 ACT Heritage Festival in April 2019 and remain online until April 2022.
- Some submissions may be selected to be included in a slideshow in the Promised the Moon art exhibition.
- This website in conjunction with the Promised the Moon art exhibition catalogue will form part of a commemorative archive that will be lodged with ACT Heritage and the National Library of Australia.
If you would like to share your moon story go to the: